How to Change Name On Southwest Airlines Flight Ticket?
It is common to make errors while booking a flight. But that error should not be costing you hundreds of dollars of flight tickets. Usually, if you book a flight with any airline, you have only 24 hours to rectify errors like a single letter or the complete name,charge-free. Southwest understands that it is human to make mistakes. To help you come out of these expensive blunders, they have formulated Southwest airlines name change policy.
It is advised to always cross-check flight booking confirmation instantly after purchasing. After 24 hours, Airlines like Alaska and Delta charge between $125 to $200 for a name change, whereas Southwest Airlines permits one free name correction.
With southwest airlines, you can conveniently correct spelling mistakes by calling their customer service or visiting their official website.
So if you want to know more about Southwest change name on ticket, scroll down and learn more about it.
Southwest Airlines is a global passenger carrier eminent for its best facilities and discounted fares. It is based out of the United States of America and headquartered in Dallas, Texas. During the peak season, it has about 3900 departures each day.
What is Southwest name change policy?
It is common to make an error in your name or someone else’s name while booking a flight. Besides Southwest airlines, no other airline gives you the opportunity to change your name free of charge after 24 hours. To know more about the Southwest name change rule go through the pointers below.
- Up to 4 characters change is permitted.
- Under no circumstances you are permitted to transfer your flight to some other person.
- The name change is simply a rectification of spelling mistakes in your name and not completely substituting the name with another individual.
- The first attempt to change the name is free of cost; after that, you will be charged.
- For a misspelled name, you can change a maximum of three characters in one go.
- If you change your legal name due to marriage or any other circumstances, then speak to a Southwest customer service representative. Show them all the required legal documents backing your name change.
- Rapid reward members can’t request a name change.
- You can’t transfer rights on the current PNR.
- When you complete the name change on the Southwest flight, the ticket will be sent to the issuance. A name change fee will be applied plus the difference in the flight fare.
- You have to select your seat again after the completion of the name change request.
- According to the Southwest Airlines name correction policy, flight details connected to the incorrect name must be canceled to prevent no-shows.
Note: The charges for a name change, largely depend on the sector and route you are flying. After one free chance for a name change, the charges would be between
Southwest airlines proactively supports its passengers with flight-related queries. Their customer service is available 24/7 to assist you in every conceivable way.
How to place Southwest name change requests online?
You don’t need to be a tech expert to place a request for a name change with Southwest Airlines. It is a very simple process and to learn more about the steps involved glance below.
- The very first step is to visit the official site of Southwest airlines.
- Search for the change/Cancel option on the homepage.
- Enter all your booking details.
- You will receive booking details via Southwest airline mail.
- Hit submit and see the complete itinerary on the screen.
- Select the change option and make the required changes in your name.
- Click the confirm option.
- Southwest will send you an email if the change is successful
To know more about the Southwest airlines name correction policy, you can call customer service, and they will assist you.
Key points to keep in mind to avoid any problems
- Don’t forget to add your middle name that matches the government-issued ID.
- If you miss doing that, visit the official site and correct the traveler ticket information.
- Get a frequent flyer program with the airline. This will help you add accurate information to your passenger profile.
- If you already have a frequent flyer program, ensure all the information there is correct.
Submission Correct information on your profile will help you save time on Southwest Airlines booking and other scenarios.
How do I contact customer service at southwest to change my name on the ticket?
Connecting with customer service is the fastest and easiest way to solve any kind of problem. To know about solving name-related problems, scroll down and learn more.
If you cancel your flight by calling southwest airlines within 24 hours of booking, you will get a full refund and rebook another flight using the correct name.
Remember that this will only work if you need to modify the name of a passenger traveling with Southwest or if you have spelled your name incorrectly.
Under the following conditions, you can call customer service or customer relations for a name change
- If you want to correct your misspelled name. Southwest airlines name change fee will be applicable.
- If your name change is due to marriage or any other reason, you can call customer relations instead of customer service southwest. Let them know your problem and supply them with all the legal documents supporting the name change.
- The customer service and the customer relations number of southwest Airlines are available on their official site.