About Southwest Airlines – Who is your Air Travel Partner?
Southwest Airlines, the world’s largest low-cost airline, is a major U.S. airline headquartered in Dallas, Texas. The airline currently employs around 46,000 people and operates more than 3,400 flights a day. In August 2012, Southwest Airlines was announced as the world’s largest operator of the Boeing 737, with more than 550 in service, each operating an average of six flights per day. Southwest Airlines has received many awards and recognitions since its founding in 1967. Southwest Airlines currently operates 93 destinations in 41 states, including Puerto Rico and overseas.
GET UPTO 20% OFF ON YOUR BOOKING.
How do I Book a ticket on Southwest Planes?
Are you eager to plan a vacation with Southwest Airlines Flight booking for your desired location? Well, be glad that the process is simple yet so sleek that you can get it done within the brink of time. Getting flight tickets is possible via two different methods, online and offline. Dig up more details in the subsections ahead!
Online Southwest Booking Method
- Access the official website of Southwest Airlines and locate the booking option.
- After that, select whether you want a one-way, round trip, or multi-city flight with the airline.
- Once done, provide the departure & destination city name with the airport information.
- Also provide the total number of passengers, with total Children, Adults, etc.
- Enter the preferred travel dates, and if you wish to use points, Check the “Use points” option.
- You can directly find Southwest Low Fare Calendar to select flexible booking dates for flying.
- Then click on the “Search” button to view the list of available flights.
- After that, you should choose a fare that suits your schedule.
- Then, you can move on and provide the traveler’s information.
- Further, checkout after you enter every necessary detail on the screen.
- Enter the payment page to pay for your flights and wait for confirmation from the airline.
- The email you receive from Southwest Airlines will contain complete details about the flight booking, including the ticket number and the extras you selected.
In order to book a flight with Southwest Airlines, you can also call Southwest customer service and connect to the experts for better options.
Booking Southwest Airlines Flights Offline
Passengers can also book their flights via Southwest airlines phone number +1-888-328-1666 and find good air travel deals for their superb excursions. Finding this contact number is also simple, as passengers can view the “Contact Us” section on the website and dial the right number. The customer service expert will help you book your tickets and also assist you throughout the process. So, look forward to enjoying the exceptional holidays you’ve ever dreamt about.
Southwest Airlines Fares: A Fare Type for Everyone!
Southwest is one of the most immaculate airlines in the business. To keep the name intact, the airline offers you different fare types, which add extra value to your air travel trips. So, you can make a Southwest Airlines Booking as you’d like and enjoy exceptional amenities in your category fare. There are four basic fares that the airline has in store:
- Wanna Get Away
- Wanna Get Away Plus
- Business Select
With all three fares, SOuthwest provides these basic benefits:
- Two Bags Checked for free
- Free Flight Changes
- Free Ticket Cancellation.
When you use Southwest Airlines Book a flight option, you get to choose which fare type to book as per your budget and preferences.
What does wanna get away mean for Southwest Airlines?
Wanna Get Away is the most basic fare of Southwest Airlines. This fare type is for travelers who are always about the budget scene. Southwest flyers usually get this ticket type to save more on travel expenses. Here are some of the benefits of Wanna Get Away fare:
- It is a non-refundable option. Though there is not any cancellation fee, you can only get your booking amount back as nontransferable flight credit.
- Your two bags will fly for free.
- Change your flight tickets/schedule without any extra costs. (Fare difference applies)
- You can earn 6 times more Rapid Reward Points on some of the eligible flights.
What does Southwest Wanna Get Away Plus mean?
The brand new addition to Southwest Fares, Wanna Get Away Plus, is an extension to the existing Southwest Wanna getaway. Passengers who book Southwest airlines tickets at this fare will benefit from a transferable flight credit option. Some other benefits are:
- Though it is a non-refundable fare, you get flight credit on the cancellation of tickets.
- The credit is transferable to any other traveler of your choice.
- You can also request a Same-day confirmed change with this benefit
- The fare also permits you to be on a Same-day standby list.
- You will get to earn eight times more rapid rewards on some of the flights that qualify.
- Moreover, it contains all the benefits of a Southwest Wanna Get Away fare.
What are Southwest Anytime Fares?
The name signifies its actual meaning – benefits ANYTIME. You can get so many perks when booking an anytime fare, from getting a full refund on canceling your Southwest Airlines Booking to priority options. Have a closer stance at understanding the benefits of Anytime fare below:
- A refundable fare where you can get all the booking amount back to your original account of payment.
- Passengers can enjoy Early Bird Check-in with Anytime fares.
- This ticket booking gives you access to Express Lane and Priority Lane at the airport.
- Your rapid rewards rate for qualifying flights is ten times more.
- The same fare also includes the benefits of Southwest Wanna Get Away Plus.
What is business Select for Southwest?
Ever flown first class? Well, it is kind of similar. With Southwest Business select fares, passengers have the utmost flying benefits. It is the highest fare class with the airline, which means many perks that go like:
- The refundable fare type.
- You can get the full amount back to your original payment account almost immediately.
- Passengers get to board with Priority A1 to A15 benefits.
- If the flights are more than 176 miles in the distance, you get free premium drinks onboard.
- The Southwest Airlines booking in this fare can allow you to earn 12 times more points on some qualifying flights.
- The fare also allows you to have priority in check-in.
- Besides, you will enjoy all the benefits of Southwest Anytime fare.
What is Southwest Pet Travel Policy?
If you’re planning on taking your furry friend on a Southwest Airlines flight, you’ll need to know the airline’s pet travel policy. Southwest Airlines makes it easy to include your pet in your travels, but you should know a few rules and guidelines before you go.
Southwest allows cats and dogs in the cabin with passengers as long as certain requirements are met.
- Your four-legged friend must be at least eight weeks old for in-cabin pet travel.
- They must fit comfortably in a carrier under the seat in front of you.
- They must weigh no more than 20 pounds.
- All dogs and cats must be vaccinated appropriately.
You’ll also need to pay a pet fee. As of 2021, the pet fee for a domestic flight is $95 and for an international flight is $150.
Pets as Checked Baggage
- If your pet is too large to fit in a carrier, you must check it as baggage.
- Unfortunately, you cannot purchase a ticket for a pet checked as baggage.
- The pet must be checked in as part of your baggage allowance.
- Those exact requirements apply to pets being checked as baggage.
- If your pet meets the guidelines, you’ll need to check in at least 45 minutes before your flight departure and purchase a Pet Fare at the ticket counter.
- This fare is the same price as a full-fare ticket and allows your pet to travel in the pressurized and temperature-controlled baggage compartment.
Pets as Cargo
Finally, if your pet is too big for either of these options, Southwest also offers cargo travel for larger animals. This option allows for pets of any size, but you must call Southwest’s phone number to make a reservation at least 24 hours before your flight.
No matter how you decide to travel with your pet, Southwest is an excellent option for you and your furry friend. However, familiarize yourself with their pet travel policy before you go. That way, you can ensure your pet has a safe and comfortable journey.
Get the most affordable way out-traveling with Southwest Rapid Rewards!
If you are all about the most affordable fares, Southwest is already the best choice. However, what if we tell you that you would even be able to fly for free? Yes, it is possible. If you log in to the Southwest airlines official site right now, you will witness a Rapid Rewards section. It is a frequent flyer program by Southwest that offer you benefit points that you can redeem for future travel.
What are Southwest Rapid Rewards?
It is a widely cherished program for loyal customers that allows passengers to earn points which can further allow them to travel with the airline without any cash payments. Members usually enroll on the Southwest Airlines official site for this program when they book a flight for the first time. And, as mentioned above, each southwest fare lets them earn some points, which are easily redeemable using the “Use Rapid Rewards” option while booking.
To learn more about Southwest airlines’ frequent flyer benefits, check out the website or connect with an expert.
What about Southwest Airlines Baggage?
Interested in booking a Southwest flight? Before you do, you must know the Southwest Airlines baggage policy in detail. The airline has set up rules and options that allow you to take bags onboard as per your booking type.
Checked baggage Allowance – Bags in the Luggage compartment
When traveling with Southwest, you can check two bags for free. The highest weight allowance for the bags is 22 Kg, whereas, for size, it can not exceed 62 inches in linear dimensions.
Carry-on Allowance- Bags that stay with you in the cabin
Southwest Airlines’ baggage policy states that passengers are entitled to one carry-on bag per person. The dimensions of this carry-on bag must not exceed 10 x 16 x 24 inches. In addition, passengers can carry one personal item on board, such as a small backpack, purse, briefcase, or laptop. The total dimensions of this small personal item must not exceed 18.5 x 8.5 x 13.5 inches.
How do I check-in and get a Boarding pass?
Southwest has a decent and easy-to-understand flight check-in method. The Southwest check-in policy allows the customers to check in for flights in a number of ways, including online or web check-in, in-person or airport check-in, and self-service kiosk check-in. Check out the different check-in methods for Southwest Airlines flights.
Check-in Online through a website or app
This is the most convenient way to avoid long queues and save time. Just go to the official website of Southwest.com and click the “Sign In” tab on the homepage. Enter a confirmation number and first+last name in the spaces provided. Now click the “Check In” button to check in for your Southwest Airlines flight. Online check-in is available from 24 hours to 90 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time.
Visit the Airport Check-in Desks
Passengers can also check in at the airport. This facility is available at the airport ticket counter but must arrive at the airport 2 hours in advance for passport control, luggage drop, and boarding pass control. If they arrive at the ticket counter 60 minutes or less before the scheduled flight departure time, Southwest Airlines will not be able to host them on the scheduled flight.
Use the Self-service kiosks
Southwest Airlines has installed self-service kiosks to check in for flights. However, you must arrive at the airports at least 3 hours in advance for any flight departure to get this benefit.
All of these methods ensure a hassle-free check-in for the flight, which customers appreciate, and they will get a boarding pass as a result of the process.
What about flight Modifications- Can I Alter or manage my Southwest flights?
Would you like to make some minimal changes to your flight booking? Well, at a point everybody does. And Southwest Airlines enables customers to easily manage their flight bookings. The Southwest Airlines Manage Booking service allows several modifications on bookings, and you enjoy uninterrupted vacations with the airline.
- Access the official Southwest Booking website in your preferred web browser.
- Now, log in to your account associated with Southwest Rapid Rewards.
- Then, from the flight menu, click the Manage booking option.
- Enter the southwest reservations number and first+last name in the given fields.
- You will then get your Southwest flight details on the next page.
- Choose an appropriate option to manage your bookings according to your comfort and choice.
- Pay for changes (if required).
- You will receive a confirmation number of your changes in your registered email ID or message.
With these steps, you can manage your reservation with Southwest Airlines in a very secure way.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
The Southwest Airlines cancellation policy is designed to be as flexible as possible. If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel your flight more than 24 hours after booking, you have to pay a cancellation fee of up to $200 per ticket. The airline also allows you to make changes to your flight for free up to 24 hours before departure.
If you cancel a Southwest Airlines flight due to weather-related issues, you may be eligible for a refund. If your flight is delayed or canceled due to inclement weather, Southwest Airlines will typically issue a full refund or a travel credit.
Southwest Airlines Refund Policy
The Southwest Airlines Refund Policy is straightforward and easy to understand. If you must cancel your flight for any reason, you can contact the airline for a refund. In order to process refunds for cancellations or changes, Southwest Airlines requires that you submit a request for the refund. You can submit a request online or via the Southwest Airlines app. You can also call the customer service line to speak to a representative.
Finally, if you booked your flight with points, you can’t get a refund, but you can apply the points to a future flight. You can use the points to book a new flight, and the points will be deducted from the new fare.
You can contact a customer representative if you are looking for more information about Southwest Airlines booking services.