Southwest Airlines Senior Discounts- Do they Still offer discounts on fares?
Senior fares are a thing; yes, they surely do. But with Southwest, it’s not possible anymore. If you are looking for a Southwest Airlines Senior Discount, then it might disappoint you a bit. The airline stopped offering senior fares on 11 December 2019, so you can not find them online anymore.
However, the airline has continued to offer additional service benefits to its customers that won’t disappoint you in any way. You can enjoy the cheapest flights with Southwest Wanna Get Away Fares which give you even more discount than the usual senior fares.
But down the path of history, they have offered these senior discount fares; let’s know them before we tell you about your current options.
Do Senior citizens get a Southwest Airlines discount?
No, Southwest airlines do not provide the senior citizen discount. Well, Senior citizens play a significant role in our lives. They have made meaningful contributions to our society and family. Therefore, we owe them something in return. The airline previously introduced the Southwest airlines senior citizen discount for customers with a long history and benefits. However, people would still prefer Wanna Get Away because of their rather cheaper flight options.
What are the Alternate options for Southwest Senior Citizen fares?
If you are a senior citizen looking for senior discounts or fares on Southwest, you can not directly get the option, unfortunately. However, you still have some very good alternatives for booking discounted flights.
- Southwest Anytime or Business Select is the best option for refundable bookings.
- With every fare, Southwest offers you benefits like Zero Change Fees, Canceled flight Credit valid for up to 12 months, and Free Checked bags(2).
- Your account has all the information, and you can buy Wanna Get Away on Southwest to enjoy better offers.
- Join the Southwest Rapid reward program to get a mile balance which you can use towards flight booking rather than cash, and save big.
If you are eagerly looking for discounted options, go for these above benefits rather than the Senior fares. But, to keep up your knowledge, you can read the below information and understand the policy for senior citizens.
The Significance Of Southwest Airlines Senior Citizen Policy
Southwest Airlines used to allow senior citizens to fly comfortably to their destinations while saving their valuable retirement funds and time. Now,
Basic Guidelines of Southwest airlines discount for senior citizens.
It is extremely important to go through the discount policy for senior citizens if you are interested in saving your retirement money and acquiring a cheap flight fare. we have provided below all the important information about the policy if you want to learn more about the senior citizen discount.
How did Southwest Airlines senior citizen fares work?
- If you are 65 or older, you will receive a discount on any Southwest airline reservations.
- Business class travel fares are also refundable for senior citizens.
- No flight change fee will be charged.
- You can cancel your flight within 365 days, and you will receive flight credit on that flight.
- You can also enjoy the Southwest bag fly-free service.
Note: Keep a check on the expiration dates of the tickets through your Southwest airline account
The History of Senior Fares- How to avail of?
When purchasing a normal ticket, Southwest provided the most substantial and accessible senior discount compared to other significant airlines. Knowing the procedure to avail of a discount on your trip fares is important, and to make it comfortable for you, we have compiled a few important points for you given below.
- For one-way travel, an amount of $25 must be paid between the time period of 9 am to 3 pm.
- A senior person will also be charged USD 29 for a round trip.
- If you are military personnel, a government officer, or their family, you are eligible for a discount on phone calls.
If you still need additional information on senior citizen discounts, feel free to call Southwest airlines customer representative at 1 (800) 435-9792
How to book a Southwest flight if you are a senior citizen?
For your comfort and ease, we have written down a few Southwest airlines booking procedures you can follow to book your flight.
The best way to book a flight if you are a senior citizen is simply by calling the customer service of Southwest Airlines and asking them to book a flight for you.
You can also book your flight by visiting the official website of Southwest airlines.
You can use the above-mentioned methods for booking international and domestic routes.
Note: You can’t combine international routes with domestic flights in the same booking.
If you still have questions about the Southwest Airlines senior citizen policy, just pick up your phone and call the airline’s customer service number. The customer service of Southwest is available 24/7 for their valuable passengers, so you can call them anytime and from anywhere.
Southwest Airlines routinely offers a variety of discounts, and one of their most well-known offers is the senior citizens discount. Be proactive and familiarise yourself with Southwest’s senior citizen discounts policy to ensure smooth travel.
Frequently Asked Questions
What age is a senior on Southwest Airlines?
Government-approved photo ID