Traveling with Southwest Airlines can be one of the best experiences, especially if you fly in a group. Whether you are traveling for business conferences or a leisure vacation, Southwest group travel will make things easier for you. The airline will help you make all travel arrangements and meet your bottom line.
With the group travel service, you can book flight tickets for 10 or more people flying on the same reservation. What’s best? It helps you trim your travel expenses, thus allowing you to save bucks on airfares. So, what’s restricting you now? Continue scrolling the page and learn more about the Southwest group travel program.
What is Southwest group travel?
Before we get into the specifics, let’s map out standard info about the Southwest group travel program. This policy is mainly crafted to offer discounted airfares and extra flexibility, thus making your journey budget-friendly and fun. Southwest Airlines group travel program, offers special deals and discounts that will let you fly without hurting your bank balance.
- Get ready for the bookings? Dial 1-800-433-5368 and request group quotation from the airline’s personnel.
- Alternatively, you can use +1-888-328-1666 to connect with the airline’s representative and get the bookings done.
- Passengers can choose the airline’s group travel program when traveling in
- Religious groups
- Sport groups
- School groups
- Family groups
What is the Southwest group travel policy?
Have you made your mind about the group travel? Scroll down and learn the vital terms and conditions beforehand to avoid any unpleasant surprises later on. So, let’s have a look.
- First thing first. Southwest Group tickets are non-refundable.
- Additionally, these tickets can’t qualify for downgrades, upgrades, exchanges, changes, or standby.
- Southwest Airlines group tickets will be sent to your registered email. The airline never issues any paper ticket for the same.
- UATP, Paypal, credit cards, and wire transfers are the accepted form of payment for group travel.
- Passengers can use only credit cards for deposit payments.
- One can’t use Southwest gift cards, Southwest LUV Vouchers, flight credits, and eChecks for group travel bookings
- Furthermore, group bookings are eligible for unlimited name changes. You can change the name in the group booking up to 72 hours before the departure.
- Please note that deposits aren’t applied toward your ticket purchase. Southwest will refund the deposit within 5 business days after making a final payment.
- Tickets purchased as a part of group bookings aren’t eligible for EarlyBird Check-in.
- You must reserve your boarding position in advance if traveling in a group.
- Go to the official site, and complete the check-in 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Show your passport to the customer service agent to verify it if you are traveling internationally. Receive your boarding pass, and head to the security checkpoint.
How does group travel work on Southwest?
Are you planning to book group travel with Southwest Airlines and wondering how does it work? Passengers can either submit a deposit and hold your reservation or they can accept the quotation and confirm the group booking there and then. Let’s have a look at both these options.
Submit the deposit
- Do you wish to hold your group booking before confirming it? Pay a deposit fee of $50 per person.
- However, you can only use a credit card to pay for the deposit.
- Call 1-800-433-5368 to pay the amount over the call. Alternatively, you can use +1-888-328-1666 to resolve general queries and group travel details.
Submit the final payment
- Does the quotation seem fine? Why wait? Submit the complete name list of passengers to confirm your group booking.
- Give a call at 1-800-433-5368 or +1-888-328-1666 to pay over the call and get te confirmation email.
- You can pay the final amount using PayPal, UATP, and a credit card.
- If you want to pay via wire transfer, you need to call or email the airline at least 7 days before the scheduled flight departure.
- Complete the payment prior to the final payment due date so that the airline can send detailed instructions for sending your wire transfer.
- Note that you can’t pay through Money Orders, Physical Checks, and eChecks.
Why should you choose Southwest Airlines group travel?
Confused if you should book individually or through the group travel program? Well, there is no need to think twice because the group travel option is the perfect choice. Here’s why.
No hidden fees
- The best part about the Southwest Group Travel is that you don’t have to pay extra charges to make group reservations.
- Passengers can purchase flight tickets at the same or discounted fares as they would have paid for individual bookings.
Unlimited name changes
- This program allows passengers to make name changes as many times as they want.
- However, please be mindful that name change is allowed up to 72 hours before the flight departure date.
Flexible payment approach
- The best thing about making a group reservation with the airline is its flexible payment approach.
- You don’t need to pay upfront for your reservation when you use the Southwest Airlines group travel service.
- Pay the deposit of $50 per person to hold a reservation.
- Opting for the group travel option makes you eligible for competitive deals and discounts.
- The airline offers competitive prices and discounted offers to facilitate a pocket-friendly journey.
- Get your hands on the amazing airfares to fly at minimal fares with your group.
Earn roundtrip tickets
- The group travel service allows you to, earn one roundtrip ticket for every 29 group tickets purchased.
- Remember that applicable fees and taxes will apply for the complimentary roundtrip ticket.
How to book Southwest group travel?
Booking Southwest Airlines group tickets is no big deal. Contact the Southwest group travel services at 1(800)433-5368 or +1-888-328-1666 and seek immediate support.
- Give a call on these numbers, and one of the Southwest representatives will connect with you immediately.
- Share the details of all members involved and ask for quotation.
- If you find it helpful, complete the payment there and then to confirm the group travels effortlessly.
- Alternatively, you can hold the reservation by paying the deposit charges per person.
How to check-in for group travel?
The check-in process for group travel is slightly different than others apply the following steps to get the flight check-in done with ease.
- Go to the Southwest Airlines official site.
- Click on the “check-in” option to reserve your boarding passes.
- After that, you need to enter the first & last name of the passenger along with the confirmation number.
- You have the option to check-in individually for each person or the entire group.
- The names of passengers who have successfully logged in will display on the screen. Additionally, their boarding positions will also appear on the screen.
- Go to the ticket counter at the airport to receive your boarding passes.
If you have made a Southwest Airlines booking for international group travel, you can check-in only one person at a time.
Confirm your group travel with Southwest and travel comfortably to your destination. This specific program allows you to complete your journey at affordable fares, making your trip more fun and exciting.
See More Related: How do I get a human at Southwest Airlines?