Yes, you can get a Southwest Airlines flight delay compensation to cover up for your loss. However, you have to be eligible to get the refund as per terms and conditions of its flight delay and refund policies. As circumstances can occur that result in your flight delay or cancellation thereafter, Southwest makes sure to compensate.
Various factors determine if Southwest will give you compensation for your delayed flight and the refund amount. You might get accommodation, meals, or vouchers along with the compensation. At the same time, the compensation is given if Southwest is responsible for the flight delay. So, let’s find out how the airline compensates you for delays.
How Late Does a Southwest Flight Have to be for Compensation?
To get compensation for a delayed flight, it should be at least 3 hours late from its scheduled time. Also, the delay must be on the behalf of the airline. However, Southwest Airlines compensation for delayed flight depends on the distance the flight has to travel.
- If the flight’s departure happens after 3 hours of the scheduled time but it arrives less than 3 hours later than planned, you won’t get any compensation.
- For domestic US flights, you are not entitled for compensation.
What Happens on a Southwest Flight Delay?
If a Southwest flight is delayed, you can get reimbursement but it is not given for every delayed flight. So, here’s what you can do for compensation –
- Check the reason for the flight delay. If it is the airline’s fault, you can cancel the booking, apply for a refund or make other arrangements.
- For refundable tickets, full refund is given. Nonrefundable tickets get flight credit.
- You can’t claim compensation when traveling on a new flight. However, you can get a voucher.
- Apply for compensation with the airline.
What is Southwest Airlines Flight Delay Compensation Policy?
You were waiting for your flight to start your journey but it was delayed. So, you can count on Southwest Airlines delayed flight compensation policy to know how to proceed. Here are the highlights –
- If the flight delay by the airline’s fault caused you to miss your connecting flight, you can request compensation.
- If your Southwest flight is delayed over two hours, the 2 hour delay compensation is in the form of a future travel credit or Rapid Rewards points.
- When a weather issue disrupts your on-time flight arrival by 2 hours, Southwest makes optional arrangements for you.
- For flights delayed by one hour, you get the amount accordingly.
- If your Southwest flight is canceled/delayed by 90 minutes or more, fill out a flight compensation form:
- Rebooking on another Southwest flight
- A travel voucher ($100 value)
- Delayed/canceled flight ticket refund
- If you can’t get another flight after the delay within the 2 hours, the compensation is as –
- Travel voucher of higher value (up to $300)
- Priority standby status
- For weather delays, rebook the flight and pay only the fare difference, cancel the booking, or claim compensation.
How to Request a Southwest Flight Delay Compensation?
Through the official website
- Visit the official webpage of Southwest.
- Go to Manage Reservation.
- Fill out a request for a return flight or follow the on-screen prompts.
- Enter details like flight number, traveler’s name, etc.
- Submit the claim.
- Inform your credit card company about claiming a refund. Complete the documentation required.
- Submit the signed copy, with any supporting documents, within the required time frame.
On the Mobile app
- Install the app on your smartphone
- Click on Look up Reservation.
- Navigate to your booking.
- Enter your name and flight reference number.
- Look for available refunded amounts.
- As per Southwest Airlines delay policy, choose the applicable refund.
Via Phone Call
- Dial 1-800-435-9792 or +1-888-328-1666.
- Follow the IVR instructions.
- WHen a live executive is connected, request for a refund.
You can also send an email to Southwest or send a DM to its social media platforms.
What Southwest Airlines Refund Policy Against Delayed Flight?
Here are the Southwest refund policy highlights –
- A flight delay for over 1 hour fetches you a refund on your ticket’s unused portion.
- Delays beyond the airline’s control like weather, Southwest is not accountable. However, you can get any of the following –
- Same date rebooking on another flight
- A travel voucher
- Frequent flyer points
- Your late arrival at the airport doesn’t make you eligible for a refund. In such a case, Southwest applies its cancellation policy or that for missed flights.
How Much is Southwest Compensation for a Delayed Flight?
If your flight is delayed by 3 hours or more, you can get Southwest delayed flight compensation as mentioned below –
- Flight delay due to weather – $100 to $300
- Substitute flight delay by two hours or more – $800 (approx.)
- Less than 1,500 km – €250
- Between 1,500 km and 3,500 km – €400
- More than 3,500 km – €600
If the delay is between 3 and 4 hours, your compensation is reduced by 50%.
So, you need not worry if your flight is late. However, be prompt to check for the reasons for its delay. Technical issues, weather disruptions, etc. are some common factors that cause delay of flight. However, Southwest is a customer-friendly airline. That’s why it offers compensation to its travelers facing the delay. Here comes the Southwest Airlines flight delay compensation that helps you with refund amount, vouchers, or more.
Therefore, it offers you another flight rebooking or an LUV voucher for future use. So, simply follow the flight delay compensation policy and refund policy for delayed flights. Then, you need not worry when delay occurs.